Airport - Rio de Janeiro
Transfers from the airport to the accommodation, is not included in the accommodation package. You can book the airport transfers through the organization.
The teams who travel to São Paulo should inform the IberCup about the flight schedule no later than 45 days before the tournament starts. If you informed us after this date the tournament will not ensure this service. The transfer is exclusively for teams thus not for, accompanying people that don’t book the accommodation through the IberCup.
If the team arrives or departs on various flights with various arrival/departure times, and if the groups are less than 20 people, IberCup cannot guarantee various transfers, but only one group transfer. The team leader will have to choose just one time for the group transfer, or contract various transfers with the respectively associated cost for each transfer as this service is contracted as one-trip on arrival and one-trip on departure.
There are other airport alternatives to arrive at our tournament: Aeroporto Internacional Tom Jobim (Galeão) para chegar ao nosso torneio. Santos Dumont (Rio de Janeiro), Campinas (Viracopos) and Aeroporto Internacional de São Paulo (Guarulhos).
Private Transportation in IberCup
- All the participating teams may alternatively request a private bus rental service during the entire week of the tournament.
- The program must be sent to IberCup firstname.lastname@example.org 15 days prior the start of the tournament by the team. If IberCup does not receive any information regarding the program, the first service of the bus will be settled 1h30m before the start of each game to each day from the accommodation.
- Any change must be communicated with 48h in the morning period and it may be charged an extra cost.
- Please notice that if the change is communicated during the afternoon or with less than 48h it will be not accepted.
- Due to the company´s restrictions, the bus driver may change during your trip.
- Due to restrictions of the transport companies the driver may not be the same during the service.
If we do not receive information from the scheduled plan, the first service will be automatically scheduled for 1: 30h before the first departure from the team's accommodation and so on.
IberCup will not elaborate any plan or program and may put the team in direct contact with a bus company, but will not have any responsibility for the scheduling of services for the team.
Teams can book their transport directly with the transport company (information on our website), but IberCup will have no responsibility for the plans and timetables agreed between the team and the company.
Restrictions on Private Bus Transportation
The following restrictions have been established by the International Department of Transport:
- Drivers can drive 11 hours a day of driving, at most 4:30 am without stops, where the driver will also have 45 minutes of rest between each stop.
- Each day, the driver must have a 9-hour rest period between services. Please note if you have a game early the next day to finish the job early the day before to make up for the hours.
- During travel, the driver must rest 45 minutes every 4 hours. We ask for special attention to these mandatory safety rules for drivers. In case of organizing excursions where there is parking payment, this amount will have to be paid by the team / group.
- Drivers may not be the same the next day, so please inform your driver of the scheduled pick-up time the next day.
- An extra charge will be charged if the service exceeds 11 hours per day or 150 km per day.
- Each day, the driver must have a rest period of 9 hours. Take note if you have a game early the next day to finish the job early the day before to make up for the hours.
- IberCup will have no responsibility for the scheduling of transportation of private buses not communicated 15 days before the tournament.
- Changes to the itinerary must be communicated to the IberCup representative (IberCup office). The driver may not accept changes without the prior consent of his supervisor or IberCup representative.
- IberCup will put your team in direct contact with a bus company, but will not have any responsibility for scheduling the services defined between the team and the transport company.
- Any delay that is the responsibility of the transport company, IberCup reserves the right to exempt itself from this responsibility in the event of breakdowns, accidents, delays or any other incidents arising from the use of this transport and that may imply a lack of attendance by the team.
- Teams can directly book their transport with the transport company (information on our website), but IberCup will have no responsibility for the plans and times agreed between the team and the company.
Book Your Flight
Thanks to our agreements with several airlines, you can book your flights through IberCup and benefit from special prices. Please contact us for any assistance of our flight manager and request your budget.
Travel to Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
If you are travelling to Brazil by plane the best easiest way to travel is directly to the Rio de Janeiro - Airport Santos Dumont or Airport International Tom Jobim (Galeão).
Arrival and Departure Time
In case of delay caused by flight or transport issues, please advise our organization as soon as possible if any amendments are required, so we can adjust your arrangements wherever feasible.
Arrival and departure hours in each city are indicated at the local time of the respective country and according to the timetables of transport companies and therefore are subject to change.
On trips that include transport by bus the hours indicated have approximate character. We dont get any responsibility on delays due to technical or other reasons related to the means of transport, with the companies or due to natural causes. If you travel by plane, after passing through customs at the Airport your group will be met by the IberCup welcome desk. We will meet you in the arrival hall where we have a welcome desk. You will receive some information over the IberCup and your stay.
We advise you to reconfirm your return transfer to the airport as soon as you have arrived at the tournament. If you travel by bus, you must go to the accreditation point after you make the check in at your accommodation.
During this meeting you will receive detailed information about meal time tables, tournament game schedule, excursion options, etc.
TRANSPORT TO THE GAMES
Transport to games during the tournament
The transfer service is exclusive for accommodation in the fields and the official tournament cafeteria. Please check with the organization if your participation includes this service.
Remember that if you have hired this service, it does not cover all accommodations. In case of doubts contact us.
In the case of the same team having 2 or more matches scheduled on the same day and in the same sports complex, in the morning and in the afternoon, the organization will only guarantee the transport of these teams in the period of tomorrow for the first game and its return in the afternoon after the end of the last game, if the food package does not include lunch at the Hotel.
If your participation package includes lunch at the hotel, even if you have 2 or more matches scheduled on the same day and in the same sports complex, in the morning and in the afternoon, the organization will ensure the necessary transfers for the matches of the your team.
If your club participates with 2 or more teams, remember that they can travel on different buses, even if the departure from the same hotel is scheduled for the same time and destination.
All teams must comply with the transfer schedule for pre-established matches, and cannot use this service outside of these hours even if they want to watch a match from another team in their club.
No transportation system is included for the days before and after the tournament.